On the Net Friends Come and Go, Talking of... (B级)
The young woman was visibly 1 and clearly wanted to get something off her chest.
"What's up?" I 2___.
"I've just been defriended," she said.www.zcyy8.com
Now "defriended" is a word __3 I am not familiar. I have been befriended 4 and befriended- many people since arriving in Beijing. But defriended ?
It turns 5 this is a new word created by the Internet-savvy younger generation specifically in relation to the worldwide social networking phenomenon, Facebook.
Those who join can invite friends to become members of the site, 6. They can then share photographs, "chat", swap messages and observations and perform a host of other mutually accessible applications.
I've seen some people's sites __7.__ hundreds of friends, all moments away down a fiber optic Cable, providing they are logged on to their computers or hooked up to a high-spec cell phone.
It creates the possibility of "befriending" anyone in the world who has online access.Currently, Facebook has 150 million users. That means there's a lot of "friends" out there.
The 8 is that you can be "defriended" —— you can be denied access to the Facebook site someone who had previously invited to be his or her friend. And you can do it without the potential for instant recrimination. Where once, in the school playground, one child might have petulantly shouted 9 another, "I'm not going to be your friend any more", now the same hurt and loss of face can be performed remotely with the click of a button.
A 10 aspect of" defriending" is that, unlike with other applications such as the "what are you thinking about?" posting a digital depository of the often dire, 11 , dull and desperate, no message is sent out alerting you or your contacts about the change in status. You only find out you have 12 when you try to visit a "friend's" site, and you find you can no longer get in. the delay of the discovery is all too often doubly hurtful.
Just as bombs are dispatched impersonally __13 an unseen enemy in modem warfare, 14 relationships are blown out of the window with the same callous disregard, without the risk of any face-to-face comeback. One second you are there, 15 you are deleted.
1. A) satisfied B) friendly C) moved D) upset
2. A) complained B) explained C) inquired D) argued
3. A)with which B) in which C) which D) that
4. A) on B) by C) with D) in
5. A) about B) out C) around D) in
6. A) too B) either C) yet D) neither
7. A) exaggerating B) overstating C) boasting D) showing off
8. A) benefit B) advantage C) downside D) merit
9. A) at B) in C) on D) farward
10. A) neutral B) controversial C) astonishing D) remarkable
11. A) exciting B) dreary C) cheerful D) bright
12. A) been dumped B) dumped C) being dumped D) dumping
13. A) forward B) for C) into D) against
14. A) and B) since C) so D) but
15. A) the next B) the last C) the first D) a next
答案：DCABB ACCAB BADCA