1 It is easy to misjudge the strength of the wind.
2 A whale shark’s body is stout but streamlined like that of a whale.
[B] brightly spotted
[D] smoothly shaped
3 Many of Edith Wharton’s best stories were completed under great personal strain.
4 It has taken many years to adopt internationally recognized standards for the licensing of aircraft pilots.
5 The trumpet was part of the opera orchestra long before it became a standard orchestral instrument.
6. So far no one has been able to account for the cause of the accident.
7. All those present noticed the minute change in his look.
8. The war was over, but the whole country was in a state of disorder.
9. The young man was accused of theft in the supermarket.
A) arrested for
B) charged with
C) praised for
D) described as
10. The cause of the fire is being investigated.
A) looked after
B) looked through
C) looked forward to
D) looked into
11. At first glance, a forest appears to be a haphazard collection of trees, shrubs, vines, and flowers.
12 .Leaves are not distributed accidentally on a plant stem, but are arranged in a very precise way that assures them the maximum light.
13. Medieval cities grew rapidly when they had harbors nearby.
14 .Because of harsh weather conditions, more than a dozen states in the United States were declared disaster areas in 1977.
15 .The best olive oil is obtained from olives that are harvested just after they ripen and before they turn black.
1-15ADDBD BDABD ACDAC