青年人网24小时滚动更新
24小时滚动更新(面试英语)                       发布时间

10 Things Recruiters Won’t Tell You (But I Will!)

招聘人员不会告诉你的十件事(但我会!)

Recruiters have one job: Find the right person for the position.

招聘人员的工作只有一样:找到适合职位的人

Their performance is evaluated on how efficiently and effectively they match top talent to job requirements. Ironically, in the current economy, recruiters are finding their jobs harder than ever.

他们的绩效表现是由他们匹配符合工作要求的顶尖人才的效率和有效性来决定的。讽刺地是,在当前的经济形势下,招聘人员发现他们的工作变得前所未有的困难。

I’m serious.

我是说真的。

There’s too much talent for them to weed through. What used to be “finding a needle in a haystack” has now become “finding a needle in ten haystacks.” As a result, recruiters have to determine a candidate’s marketability much quicker.

有太多的人才需要他们筛选。过去是千挑万选,现在更是变的大海捞针。因此,招聘人员必须更迅速地判断候选者的价值。

Translation: Candidates must pay even more attention to the power of the first impression factor.

换句话说:候选者必须更加重视第一印象的重要性。

People skills, attire, etc. all become more important when competition amongst talent is this fierce.Reality check: Those who are failing to make a good first impression get put in the “no” pile and are never contacted again.

当应聘者之间的竞争是如此激烈时,人际交往能力、着装等都变得更加重要。事实证明:那些没能给人留下良好的第一印象的应聘者都会被拒绝并且再也不会得到联系。

Now, most recruiters won’t tell you what you did wrong.

现在,大部分的招聘人员都不会告诉你你做错了什么。

Why?

为什么会这样?

For one reason, they aren’t paid to give you the bad news. Second, they don’t want to burn a bridge. And third, as I mentioned, they just don’t have the time.

第一个原因是,通知你坏消息并不是他们的职责所在;第二个原因是,他们不想和你结下梁子;第三个原因,也是我上面提到的,他们仅仅是没时间。

And yet, how are you going to fix the problem if you don’t know it exists?

然而,你又该如何解决一个根本不知道存不存在的问题呢?

I’ve put together the most common reasons why a recruiter writes a candidate off. You may not like what you read, but the good news is with a little attention and practice, all of them can be improved upon. So, ask yourself, “Am I guilty of the following?”

我收集了大部分招聘人员拒绝应聘者的共同理由。你或许并不喜欢你将看到的,但好消息是,稍加重视和练习,其中的大部分都可以得到改善。所以,问问你自己:“我是否犯了下面这些错呢”

Top 10 Things Recruiters Won’t Tell You

招聘人员绝不会告诉你的十大事情

Your interview attire is outdated/messy/too tight/too revealing/too flashy.

你的面试服装过时/脏乱/太紧/太暴露/太浮华/艳俗了。

Your physical appearance is disheveled/outdated/sloppy/smelly/overpowering (i.e. too much perfume).

你的外表有些邋遢/过时/草率,你的身上有难闻的味道或强烈的气味(比如,喷了太多香水)

Your eye contact is weak/shifty/intense.

你和招聘人员的目光接触是怯懦的/游移的/紧张的。

Your handshake is limp/too forceful/clammy.

你和招聘人员握手时软弱无力/用力过重/手心湿黏。

You say ah/um/like too much.

你说了太多像“呃,恩,好像”之类的语气词。

You talk too much/use poor grammar/say inappropriate things (i.e. swearing) when you answer interview questions.

当你面试回答问题时,你话太多/语法有问题/说些不合适的事情(比如,赌咒发誓)。

You appear overconfident/pushy/self-centered/insecure/aloof/ditzy/scatter-brained/desperate.

你表现的太过自信/强势/以自我为中心/不安/冷漠/肤浅幼稚/思维混乱/急切。

You talk too fast/too slow/too loud/too soft.

你说话太快/太慢/声音太大/声音太小。

You giggle/fidget/act awkward/have facial tics/lack expression.

你傻笑/坐立不安/笨手笨脚/脸部抽筋/表达方式单一。

You lack sincerity/self-confidence/clarity/conviction.

你缺乏真诚/自信/鲜明的性格特点/信念。

So, How Do You Fix These?

那么,该如何改善这些?

Well, given 93% of communication is non-verbal, I can tell you that many of the negatives above can be improved by focusing on one thing: attitude.

实际上,要知道93%的交流都是非语言的,我能告诉你的是,你只需专注一件事,就能提高上述的许多缺点,那就是态度。

If you are angry, fearful, or confused, it’s going to show. You must find a way to feel good about yourself and your ability to contribute. This comes from knowing your strengths and embracing them. It also comes from doing your homework on a company so you can articulate clearly and with enthusiasm why you would be a great fit for the job. I realize this is easier said than done, but it can be done.

你的愤怒,害怕,或者困惑都会表现出来。你必须找到自我鼓励以及增强自身能力的方法。你需要发现自己的长处并欣然接受。并且,你得充分了解你所应聘的公司,用清晰的表达和极大的热忱来说明你是绝佳的人选。我知道这些事说着容易做着难,但是是能够做到的。

Your Next Step

下一步你要做的事

School teaches you everything except how to get the job. You must invest time in learning the right way to job search.

学校没有教你怎么得到一份工作。你必须投入时间去学习正确的求职方式。

I hope I’ve convinced you to take a hard look at the 10 reasons above and to commit to finding a way to improve your first impression factor.

我希望我已经说服你认真看了上述的十个理由,并立志找到提升自己第一印象的方法。

It’s your career.

这是你的事业。

Own your actions and take control of your professional development.

主动出击,把握你的职业发展

I promise, recruiters will take notice.

我保证,招聘人员会注意到的。

       相关推荐:

       盘点英语美语口语交谈中使用频率最高的40句话

       英语口语:教你如何正确安慰别人

       英语方法指导:六步帮你突破英语学习瓶颈

       英文社交课堂 教你5步成功克服羞涩和社交焦虑症

资讯索引栏目导航
关于我们营销中心广告联系联系我们网站地图法律声明友情链接最新更新医药更新
Copyright © 2005- 青年人网 (Qnr.Cn) All Rights Reserved 陕ICP备11003766号  
共青团陕西省委、河南省委及陕西人才中心权威支持(西安) 电 话:400-029-8884 传 真:029-85642660
百度大联盟黄金认证  十佳网络教育机构