1. It does not alter the fact that he was the man ________ for the death of the little girl.
A) accounting B) guilty C) responsible D) obliged
2. Medical care reform has become this country’s most important public health ________.
A) question B) stuff C) matter D) issue
3. Not that John doesn’t want to help you, ________ it’s beyond his power.
A) but that B) for that C) and that D) in that
4. I used to smoke ________ but I gave it up three years ago.
A) seriously B) heavily C) badly D) severely
5. The doctor told Penny that too much ________ to the sun is bad for the skin.
A) exposure B) extension C) exhibition D) expansion
6. He decided to make further improvements on the computer’s design ________ the light of the requirements of customers.
A) on B) for C) in D) with
7. If you suspect that the illness might be serious you should not ________ going to the doctor.
A) put off B) hold back C) put aside D) hold up
8. If you want to know the train schedule, please ________ at the booking office.
A) acquire B) inquire C) request D) require
9. The coming of the railways in the 1830s ________ our society and economic life.
A) transformed B) transported C) transferred D) transmitted
10. In preparing scientific reports of laboratory experiments, a student should ________ his findings in logical order and clear language.
A) furnish B) propose C) raise D) present