1. Thus in addition to the chances of going away from the right path outlined above, the scientific investigator shares with the ordinary citizen the possibilities of falling into errors of reasoning in the ways we have just indicated, and many others as well.
2. He made a hole and peering through, could see jewellery, and other objects stacked in piles in the shadows that extended beyond the beam of light penetrating the interior.
3. Neither Ayat nor the Rassoul brothers noticed, however, that most of the pieces they were selling were of a type not previously seen in the marketplace—pieces whose existence had been suspected but which had not yet been discovered by archaeologists.
4. “The biggest construction project of this century”, explained French President Francois Mitterand in January, 1986 as he and then British prime minister Margaret Thatcher jointly announced that the two countries would finally overcome ancient quarrels and prejudices and forge a link across the narrow Channel separating them.
5. Perhaps the fact that many of these first studies considered only algae(水藻) of a size that could be collected in a net (net phytoplankton), a practice that overlooked the smaller phytoplankton(浮游植物群落) that we now know grazers are most likely to feed on, led to a de-emphasis of the role of grazers in subsequent research.