1. ____is the world’s largest exporter of lamb and mutton.
A. New Zealand
2. ____ is popularly known in the West as the Land Down Under.
D. New Zealand
3. Shakespeare wrote all the following works EXCEPT ____.
B. King Lear
D. Wuthering Heights
4. Mark Twain is most famous for ______.
D. science fiction
5. ______was NOT written by Charles Dickens.
A. David Copperfield
B. Oliver Twist、
C. Sons and Lovers
D. A Tale of Two Cities
6. British prime minister normally serves a ______ term.
7. ____ is sometimes called the birthplace of America.
A. New England
B. the South
C. the West
D. the Midwest
38. Semantics is the study of _______.
A. linguistic competence
B. language functions
D. social behavior
9. Which of the following is not generally believed to be area of linguistics?
10. TG grammar was advanced by____.
D. Noam Chomsky
1~5： A C D B C
6~10：B A C D D