作文范文：On Excessive Packaging
Wandering at the supermarkets, you could find that the shelves are fulfilled with fancy and excessive packaging goods with high price, especially when festivals approach. Although the government has concerned with that issue, the phenomena still flourishes.
The reasons can be listed as follows. First, manufactures could benefit from the fancy packaging. Glorious packaging would increase the price to a large extent, from which they can gain excessive money. Second, most of this kind of goods are brought and sent as gifts to their relatives and leaders. Gorgeous packaging would attract people’s attention and make the people who buy them have the honor to send them out.
To my mind, excessive packaging is just a waste of resources and money. Most people would throw the package away after they opened it, which would lead to a severe pollution. To prevent the situation, every citizen should be aware of the problem and laws must be made to restrict the manufactures to cut down on luxurious packaging.www.qnr.cn
1. D) providing good education for baby boomers.
2. D) Students’ performance declined.
3. D) They are mostly small in size.
4. D) Some large schools have split up into smaller ones.
5. C) their college-level test participation.
6. B) Their school performance was getting worse.
7. A) maintain closer relationships with their teachers.
9. different measures
10. tough subjects
11. A) Discussing a house plan.
12. A) She is tired of the food in the canteen.
13. A) Listening to some loud music.
14. B) The man can dress casually for the occasion.
15. A) Grey pants made from pure cotton.
16. B) Its location.
17. A) Travel overseas.
18. D) It is a good bargain.
19. A) Hosting an evening TV program.
20. C) He worked as a salesman.
21. A) He wanted to be his own boss.
22. B) They are all the man’s friends.
23. B) It remains a major part of industrial activity.
24. A) Transport problems.
25. C) Possible locations for a new factory.
26. B) They had known each other since childhood.
27. B) At Joe’s house.
28. D) Social divisions will break down if people get to know each other.
29. B) In his building’s parking lot.
30. C) It had been stolen by someone.
31. D) In the city garage.
32. B) The mysteriousness of creativity.
33. D) It is the source of all artistic work.
34. A) Creative imagination.
35. C) It is part of everyday life.
Students have been complaining more and more about stolen property. Radios, cell phones, bicycles, pocket (36)calculators, and books have all been reported stolen. Are there enough campus police to do the job?
There are 20 officers in the campus security division. Their job is to (37)handle crime, accidents, lost and found (38)items, and traffic problems on campus. More than half of their time is spent directing traffic and writing parking tickets. (39)Responding promptly to accidents and other (40)emergencies is important, but it is their smallest job.
Dealing with crime takes up the rest of their time. Very (41)rarely did any violent crimes actually (42)occur.In the last five years there have been no (43)murders, seven robberies, and about sixty other violent attacks, most of these involving fights at parties. On the other hand, (44)there have been hundreds of thefts and cases of deliberate damaging of public property, which usually involves breaking windows or lights, or writing on walls. The thefts are not the carefully planned burglaries that you see in movies. (45)Things get stolen when it is just easy to steal them because they are left lying around unwatched.
Do we really need more police？Hiring more campus police would cost money, possibly making our tuition go up again.(46) A better way to solve this problem might be for all of us to be more careful with our things.
44. there have been hundreds of thefts and cases of deliberate damaging of public property
45. Things get stolen when it is easy to steal them because they are left lying around unwatched
46. A better way to solve this problem might be for all of us to be more careful with our things
47. K) domestic
48. M) communities
49. A) survive
50. H) gather
51. C) serves
52. B) surrounding
53. F) recession
54. E) reported
55. G) households
56. J) financially
57 C) bring about a drop in the divorce rate.
58 D) living separately would be too costly.
59 D) Falling housing prices.
60 D) It will irreparably damage their relationship.
61 A) The economic recovery will see a higher divorce rate.
62 C) It profits by selling its users’ personal data.
63 B) They don’t know their personal data enriches Facebook.
64 A) To render better service to its users.
65 C) Formulating regulations for social-networking sites.
66 C) He doesn’t want his personal data abused.
67. D) avoid
68. D) However
69. C) failing
70. C) stages
71. A) on
72. D) predicts
73. D) through
74. D) and
75. A) sensitive
76. B) experience
77. C) as well as
78. D) emotions
79. A) to
80. B) inevitable
81. C) receive
82. B) with
83. A) quality
84. B) positive
85. C) memories
86. D) increased
87. hadn’t been watered for a long time.
88. 1000 pounds cheaper than mine.
89. as well listen to the music
90. lights on and doors open.
91. have already been translated into multiple languages.