1. The government____ to approve the use of wide-spead surveillance when the Justice Department took objections.
A. is going
B. had been
C. was about
D. is coming
2.The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and __ him of speed.
A charged B accused C blamed D warned3. Mr. and Mrs. Smith are so excited today, for they bought____ yesterday.
A. many furnitures
B. so much furniture
C. many piece of furniture
D. a lot of furniture
4. Despite their good service provided, most inns are less expensive than hotels of____standards.
5. The public opinion was that the time was not__ for the election of such a radical candidate as Mr. Jones.
A reasonable B ripe C ready D practical
6. It is reported that fewer and fewer of today’s workers expect to spend their working lives in the same field, ____the same company.
A.much worse B.less likely C.all else D.let alone
7. Because there was little heat in the bed room, Evan was cold ____.
A. much through the night
B. most of the night
C. many parts of the night
D. the majority part of the night
8. The managing director took the __ for the accident, although it was not really his fault.
A. guilt B. blame C. charge D. accusation
9. Barry had an advantage over his mother__ he could speak French.
A. since that B. in that C. at that D. so that
10. Very few scientists__ completely new answers to the world’s problems.
A.come up with B.come out C.come round D.come up to
少数几个前置词可带不定式作宾语，如about,but,except,save, than等后允许加不定式作宾语。be about+不定式表示“将来”的含义，因此C为正确选项。
2、B accuse of 指控某人犯……罪 He was accused of corruption.
charge with指控某人犯……罪 He was charged with negligence of duty.
blame sb for 因……埋怨，责怪 Movies have been blamed for the crime wave.
warn sb of 警告，告戒某人 He was warned
英语中有些名词只有单数，如furniture 前可用pieces of furniture,much furniture,a lot of furniture。因此D为正确选项。
尽管equivalent 与 alike,uniform都有“相同”的意思，但是alike常在句中做表语，不做定语;equivalent则可做定语，意为“相等的，相当的”，最符合题意;而uniform强调的是“一致的，一样的”;likely意为“很可能的”，一般做表语。因此A为正确选项。
ripe引申为“时机成熟的，准备好的”I won’t tell her the news until the time is ripe for it.
ready for做好准备的 Are you ready for the journey?
据报道如今越来越少的工人愿意一辈子从事一个领域的工作，更不必说一个公司了。此题考查不同词组的含义。let alone意为“更不必说”，符合本题题意。all else (其他所有的)，much worse(更糟糕的是)，less likely(更没可能的是)均不符合题意。因此D为正确选项。of the danger.
take the blame for sth对某事负责，内疚 We are ready to take the blame for that.
in that 由于，因为Human beings are superior to animals in that they can use language as a tool to communicate.
come up with提出，提供 He claimed to have been the first to come up with that idea.come out 出现，显露，出版，发表 When will his new book come out?come round/ around 顺便来访，改变主意 He will never come round to our way of thinking.come up to达到，符合Only in this way will you come up to the Party’s expectations.