1.I can't advise you what to do. You must use your own _____.
A. opinion B. guesswork C. justice D. judgment
2.Because of the poor harvest, wheat prices have _____ in the last six months.
A. added B. jumped C. amounted D. developed
3. The news item about the traffic accident is followed by a detailed report made ____.
A. on the spot B. on the location
C. on the ground D. on the site
4. They did not find _____ to prepare for the worst conditions they might meet.
A. worth their while B. it worthwhile
C. it worth D. it worthy
5. In spite of the thunderstorm, the children slept _____ all night.
A. densely B. soundly C. loudly D. noisily
6. Mr. and Mrs. Smith are so excited today, for they bought____ yesterday.
A. many furnitures B. so much furniture
C. many piece of furniture D. a lot of furniture
7. It is reported that fewer and fewer of today’s workers expect to spend their working lives in the same field, ____the same company.
A. much worse B. less likely C. all else D. let alone
8. The government____ to approve the use of wide-spead surveillance when the Justice Department took objections.
A. is going B. had been C. was about D. is coming
9. Despite their good service provided, most inns are less expensive than hotels of____standards.
A. equivalent B. likely C. alike D. uniform
10. Because there was little heat in the bed room, Evan was cold ____.
A. much through the night B. most of the night
C. many parts of the night D. the majority part of the night
judgement 判断。guesswork 猜测，justice 正义，公正，ideal 理想。
jump (=rise suddenly in price) 指“(价格)暴涨”。
在交通事故的新闻后又有现场的详细报道。此题考查介宾短语的含义。on the spot意为“在场，在现场”，符合本题题意。on the site没有这一搭配;be on location意为“在拍摄外景”;on the ground意为“在地面上”。因此A为正确选项。
worthwhile值花时间(或精力)干的：1)The visit to Paris was worthwhile .2)He thinks teaching foreign languages is worthwhile.3)She has a very worthwhile job.4)I think it worthwhile to work on my stamp collection.
Worthy (of)配得上，值得：1)He is worthy of being praised.(=He is worthy to be praised.)2)He is a worthy winner.3)She is not worthy to talk to man like you.(她配不上与你这样一位男士谈话)。
sleep soundly熟睡。也可以说sleep heavily.
此题考查名词的单复数。英语中有些名词只有单数，如furniture 前可用pieces of furniture,much furniture,a lot of furniture。因此D为正确选项。
据报道如今越来越少的工人愿意一辈子从事一个领域的工作，更不必说一个公司了。此题考查不同词组的含义。let alone意为“更不必说”，符合本题题意。all else (其他所有的)，much worse(更糟糕的是)，less likely(更没可能的是)均不符合题意。因此D为正确选项。
政府正打算同意采取广泛监督的手段时，却遭到了司法部的反对。此题考查时态的运用。少数几个前置词可带不定式作宾语，如about,but,except,save, than等后允许加不定式作宾语。be about+不定式表示“将来”的含义，因此C为正确选项。
尽管同样提供优质的服务，大多数酒馆要比同标准的旅馆的费用低。此题考查形容词词义。尽管equivalent 与alike, uniform都有“相同”的意思，但是alike常在句中做表语，不做定语;equivalent则可做定语，意为“相等的，相当的”，最符合题意;而uniform强调的是“一致的，一样的”;likely意为“很可能的”，一般做表语。因此A为正确选项。