1. He is late againtoday. I’ll ____ that he will not be late tomorrow.
A) refer to it B) look to him C) see to it D) turn to it
2. As he had workedin the army as an electrical engineer for many years, he had every ____ for thejob.
A) privilege B) obligation C) qualificationD) quality
3. After thedisaster, the truth ____ us that a healthy habit of living can keep one awayfrom some terrible diseases.
A) focused upon B) imposed upon C) dawned upon D) leaned upon
4. After failingthe exams three times, Jack realized that he’d never ____in English.
A) see to it B) attain it C) catch it D) make it
5. Susan has notbeen officially ____ to Johnson.
A) engaged B) occupied C) practiced D) undertaken
6. After so manyyears, he still ____ the hope that his lost son would return one day.
A) clang to B) clung to C) inclined to D) subjected to
7. in an examination would ____ you ____ severe punishment.
A) cause…to B) subject…to C) turn…to D) take…to
8. This article____more attention to the problem of cultural interference in foreign languageteaching and learning.
A) calls for B) applies for C) cares for D) allows for
9. I don’t thinkthat your watch is ____.
A) worthy the price B) worth the price C) worthy to buy D) worth to buy
10. He is ____ avery old man but in fact he is only fifty years old.
A) apparently B) evidently C) absolutely D) actually
11. It is notpolite to ____ a speaker with frequent questions.
A) interpret B) intervene C) interrupt D) interfere
12. Their daughteroften turns a deaf ear to their inquiries, so they sometimes have to ____answers from her.
A) interrupt B) exchange C) squeeze D) exit
13. His constantfailures in love finally threw him off his ____ of mind.
A) mood B) engagement C) sympathy D) balance
14. My camera canbe ____ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
A) adapted B) adjusted C) adopted D)remedied
15. Young childrensoon ____ words they hear their elders use.
A) put forward B) pick out C) turn up D) pick up
16. We because we know that his son’s illness had put him under great____.
A) upset B) stress C) crisis D) oppression
17. His political______ came to an end 20 years ago.
A) occupation B) employment C) career D) profession
18. The explorerlost his way so he climbed to the top of the hill to ____himself.
A) spot B) locate C) place D) situate
19. We could seeonly the ____ outline of the mountain in the distance.
A) vague B) dark C) mean D) dim
20. Because thecompany was doing more business it was necessary to____ the factory.
A) increase B) extend C) broaden D) grow
21.The university____ consists of full professors, associate professors and assistantprofessors.
A) crew B) rank C) circle D) staff
22. Due to the factthat she was naturally shy, she shrank from any ____ social and culturalactivities.
A) taking part of B) study on C) success in D) participation in
23. It was no usetrying to discuss business with James, who was well-known for____ everything.
A) coping with B) trifling with C) handing with D) doing well in
24. boss because she left the office with the computer ____ yesterday.
A) on B) out C) in D) unclosed
25. In ______ tothe government’s call, a great number of people from different walks of lifewent to the frontline to fight the flood.
A) return B) admission C) response D) order
26. I could seenothing ____ of the hall but the moans of pain told there was someone there.
A) in the dust B) in the dusk C) in the lobby D) in the exit
27. In the eyes ofthe teachers, the textbooks are far from ____.
A) content B) consent C) satisfied D) satisfactory
28. Due to the_______difficulty, he has to do several part-time jobs.
A). economic B). financial C). economical D). economics
29. The freshmenare very slow to ____ the strict regulations of this college.
A) react to B) relate to C) adapt to D) turn to
30. When readingbooks about space exploration, I often ____ man’s skill and creativeness inputting complex pieces of machinery into space.
A) tremble at B) startle at C) wander at D) amaze at
解题答案：1-10：CCBDABBABA，11-20：CCDBD BCBAB，21-30：DDBAC BDBCD