1. On theconference, representatives from different countries_____ different viewpointson this international issue.
A) put out B) put off C) put forth D) put down
2. The _____ of theseasons has long been observed by people in all parts of the world.
A) rhythm B) regulation C) click D) identity
3. Our research hasfocused on a drug which is so _____ as to be able to change brain chemistry.
A) influential B) monstrous C) vigorous D) powerful
4. The footballermade a(n) _____ gesture, which made the audience’s blood boil.
A) immature B) offering C) offensive D) hesitative
5. However, attimes this balance in nature is ____, resulting in a number of possibleunforeseen effects.
A) troubled B) disturbed C) confused D) disgusted
6. As he wasunaware of the complexity of this problem, his choice was quite ____.
A) rational B) arbitrary C) mechanical D) unpredictable
7. Tax cuts are themost important _____ the government has for stimulating the economy.
A) instruction B) equipment C) instrument D) stuff
8. Spitting on theground is not only ______ but also harmful to others’ health.
A) shaming B) banging C) grabbing D) disgusting
9. The residentshere complain that they have been intensely _____ by the endless noises fromthe building sites for weeks.
A) annoyed B) pierced C) wrapped D) destroyed
10. The news mademany students ______ that many universities still bind the issue of diplomawith their CET4 results.
A) awful B) upset C) tuneless D) lucky
11. in modern times the _______ in this month may be out of date innext.
A) fashion B) anchor C) section D) brow
12. The idea ofwinning the eyes of the people around ____ powerfully to some youngsters, sothey are eagerly identifying themselves.
A) sticks B) holds C) attract D) appeals
13. We areexpecting to see that the concerted research work will come up with a _____solution to the problem.
A) permanent B) perspective C) persistent D) persuasive
14. He made ______alterations to his house and then sold it at a huge profit.
A) offensive B) horrible C) radical C) patient
15. Although thereis no easy cure for this fatal disease at present, some of its causes have been______by experts.
A)rebelled B) distracted C) bolted D) identified
16. A positiveanswer makes you feel good, but a(n) ______ one teaches you a lot.
A) affirmative B) negative C) offensive D) tuneless
17. At the earlystage of a child’s development, the family tends to have a greater _____ on himthan his school.
A) instrument B) identity C) communication D) influence
18. Mr. Hendersonwas determined to remain _____. He neither stood on his wife’s side nor on hismother’s side.
A) natural B) neutral C) nervous D) native
19. It is a commonpractice in western countries that one must make a(n) _____ before seeing hisdoctor or visiting a friend.
A) offer B) appointment C) make up D) toast
20. When she wastold that her cat was killed by the neighbor’s dog, the old lady _____ tears.
A) reached for B) bolted out C) burst into D) turn on
21.Writing is aslow process, requiring ____ thought, time and effort.
A) significant B) considerable C) great D) numerous
22. for a position with our firm. We do not have any openings at thistime, but we shall keep your application on ____ for two months.
A) pile B) portion C) sequence D) file
23. Only a selectednumber of landladies in the neighbourhood have been allowed by the universityto take in _____.
A) residents B) inhabitants C) lodgers D) settlers
24 .During theconference the speaker tried to _____to them his feelings concerning theurgency of a favorable decision.
A) comply B) impose C) imply D) convey
25. He ____ hiscontrol by making his students quiet.
A) assessed B) asserted C) acquired D) monitored
26. If you want toget into that tunnel, you first have to ____ away all the rocks.
A) repel B) pull C) transfer D) dispose
27.Do you believethese two ____ friends used to be bitter enemies
A) intimate B) emotional C) intense D) supreme
28. Although mostdreams apparently happen______, dream activity may be provoked by externalinfluences.
A)spontaneously B) simultaneously C) homogeneously D)instantaneously
29. According tothe instructions we received, we cannot accept photocopies(复印件), but need the ___
A) source B) resources C) origin D) original
30. _____ classical music is too complex, it achieves a simplicitythat only a genius can create.
A) Subject to B) Contrary to C) Familiar to D) Similar to
解题答案：1-10：CADCBBCDAB，11-20：ADABC BDCDC，21-30：BDCDB BAADB。